This week, Mousetalgia discusses some recent exciting happenings at the Disneyland Resort. First, Mousetalgia correspondent John Garcia reports on “Throwback Nite,” the first of a string of planned special ticket “Disneyland After Dark” events. John talks about the atmosphere, the food, the entertainment, and the special features that made this first in a series of Disneyland evening events a very special night. Then, Jeff reports on the latest Star Wars happenings at the resort, including a review of the Void’s “Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire” VR experience currently operating in Downtown Disney. We discuss the parts of the attraction that hit the mark, and a few notes that are slightly off key. Finally, Jeff reports on a panel discussion with Lucasfilm art directors from “The Last Jedi” held at Gallery Nucleus, and shares some secrets from the making of the films.
00:01:10 – Bits and Bites
- Jeff – Haunted Mansion collectibles:
- Walt Disney Classics Collection: Graveyard Shift from the 2011 WDW Room for One More event
- Haunted Mansion snow globe doesn’t make it through shipping (a.k.a. ultimate wah wah wahhhhh)
- Kristen – Etsy – Little Sparks Co.: Disneyland flash cards pre-orders
- Becky – ShopDisney new brands: David Lerner Mickey shirts at Nordstrom Rack
- Dave – Searchable Mousetalgia Archives
00:16:18 – let the reports begin
- Disneyland After Dark – Throwback Nite: Vintage Disneyland
- The Void – Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire VR experience in Downtown Disney
- New additions to Star Tours and Path of the Jedi
- Launch Bay Galaxy’s Edge model and trading cards with map on back
- AP Exclusive Star Wars name tags at Tomorrow Landing
- Gallery Nucleus – Art of the Last Jedi panel discussion and book signing
Find us on the web!